The reason of newborn loose bowels?
1, physiological laxity: breast milk is easy to be absorbed by the baby, so the breastfeeding baby will generally defecate more times, will appear false diarrhea phenomenon.
2, feeding improper: parents to the newborn baby feeding milk powder is too strong, milk powder is not suitable, milk powder added sugar, milk liquid is too cold or too early to add rice paste and other starchy food, will easily lead to the baby food accumulation, thus causing diarrhea.
3. Allergy to milk powder: 2 to 7 out of 100 babies will be allergic to milk powder protein, and newborn babies with genetic allergy are more likely to have allergic symptoms to milk powder protein.
4, catch a cold: when the baby caught a cold, often accompanied by diarrhea symptoms, so as long as the root of the cold cure, diarrhea will naturally heal.
5. Viral or bacterial infection: among the diarrhea caused by viral or bacterial infection, intestinal rotavirus infection is the most common. Rotavirus is the main cause of infant diarrhea in autumn and winter. Diarrhea caused by rotavirus is highly contagious and can circulate in homes, child care and pediatric wards.
Symptoms of diarrhea in newborns
1, physiological laxity caused by diarrhea symptoms: breastfeeding baby defecation times will be more commonly, every day can defecate 7-8 times, or even 10-12 times, and feces will be relatively thin. If the baby is in good spirits, the amount of milk is also large, weight growth is normal, parents do not have to worry.
2. Symptoms of loose bowels caused by improper feeding: foamy, sour or rotten stool, sometimes mixed with indigestion of particles and mucus. Often accompanied by vomiting, crying.
3. Diarrhea symptoms caused by allergy to milk powder: after feeding the baby milk or milk powder, the baby has refractory, non-infectious diarrhea for more than 2 weeks, and the feces is mixed with mucus and blood, accompanied by skin eczema, urticaria, asthma and other symptoms.
4. Loose bowels caused by a cold: the baby has a cold, cough, fever and diarrhea.
5, viral or bacterial infection caused by diarrhea symptoms: the baby's poop is like yellow water or egg soup, a large amount, no pus and blood, this time should be considered to be rotavirus infection. If stool contains mucous pus and blood, should consider bacterial enteritis, often associated with vomiting, fever.